Linksys PAP2 Telephone Adapter
The Linksys PAP2 telephone adapter connects to your high-speed Internet connection to provide Vonage service for up to two voice lines or one voice line and one fax line. This adapter does not have a built-in router.
- Set Up Your Linksys PAP2 Adapter
- Status Indicators
- Interactive Voice Response (IVR)
- Restart Your Adapter and Network Devices
For advanced options, see the Linksys PAP2 User Guide (PDF).
Before you begin to set up your Linksys PAP2 adapter, confirm that you have all of the following necessary equipment.
Connect your Linksys PAP2 adapter to an existing router in your network.
- Plug one end of the Ethernet cable that came with your Linksys PAP2 adapter into an open port on your router.
- Plug the other end of the Ethernet cable into the ETHERNET port on the back of the Linksys PAP2 adapter.
- Connect the power adapter to the Linksys PAP2 adapter and then plug into a power source.
- When the Power light on the Linksys PAP2 adapter is solidly lit, connect one end of your telephone cord to the PHONE 1 port on the back.
- Plug the other end of the telephone cord into your telephone. If you are using cordless phones, make sure to connect the telephone cord to the base unit of the phone system.
The Linksys PAP2 adapter has four status lights on the front panel: PHONE 1, PHONE 2, ETHERNET and Power.
|Blinking blue||Booting up; firmware upgrade|
|Solid blue||Boot up complete|
|Solid red||Problem with adapter|
|Solid||Connected to Vonage server|
|Blinking||Data transfer in progress|
|PHONE 1 and 2|
|Solid||Ready to make and receive calls|
|Blinking||Call in progress|
You can use the IVR to change the configuration settings of your Linksys PAP2 adapter, if necessary. This includes setting a static IP address, enabling DHCP, and checking the adapter's MAC address.
To access the IVR, you must use a phone connected to one of the PHONE ports on the adapter.
- Press * * * * (four asterisks). You will hear a message confirming you are at the configuration menu.
- Press the number for the option you want and then press the # key.
100 Check the current DHCP state. 101 Enable or disable DHCP state. 110 Check the current IP address. 111 Set static IP address. 120 Check subnet mask. 121 Set subnet mask. 130 Check static gateway IP address. 131 Set static gateway IP address. 140 Check MAC address. 150 Check firmware version. 732668 Reboot adapter.
- Follow the prompts to enter any additional information.
NOTE: When entering an IP address, press * to indicate the decimal point.
Certain conditions, such as an Internet outage, power outage or change in configuration, can cause an interruption in your Vonage service. You can usually resolve these issues by a restart of your network equipment. See Restart Your Phone Adapter and Network Devices for more information.