Linksys WRT54GP2 Telephone Adapter
The Linksys WRT54GP2 telephone adapter connects to your existing broadband internet connection and provides you with Vonage telephone service for up to two phones or a phone and fax line. It is also a router, 3 port switch and wireless access point so you can use it to connect multiple computers to your network.
The Linksys WRT54GP2 telephone adapter supports Wireless-G (802.11g at 54Mbps) or Wireless-B (802.11b at 11Mbps).
- Set Up Your Telephone Adapter
- Status Indicator Lights
- Interactive Voice Response Messages
- Restart Your Adapter and Network Devices
For more advanced configuration options please consult the Linksys WRT54GP2 User Guide
Set Up the Linksys WRT54GP2 Telephone Adapter
Before you set up your Linksys WRT54GP2 telephone adapter, whether it be for the first time or to reinstall it, make sure you have all the necessary equipment.
Original Package Contents:
|Customer Supplied Equipment:||
- Connect one end of the Ethernet cable to the Blue Internet (WAN) port of the phone adapter.
- Connect the other end of the Ethernet cable to an open Ethernet (LAN) port on your modem, router or switch.
- Connect the power adapter to the Power port on the back of the phone adapter and connect the plug end to a power source.
- Connect your telephone to the Phone 1 port of the phone adapter. If you have more than one phone number on your account, connect second phone or fax to Phone 2.
- Connect your other network devices to the numbered Ethernet Ports on the back of the telephone adapter or configure them to connect wirelessly, If necessary.
If you are using a seperate router or your Modem is also a router, you do not need to connect your other network devices to the Vonage phone adapter.
When the Linksys WRT54GP2 phone adapter is properly connected and powered up, the Power LED will be solid green, and the Internet and Phone LED's will be either solid or flashing. If you encounter issues, see the General Troubleshooting section below.
- If the green Power and Internet LED'S do not start flashing after you connect the power cord, make sure that both the power cord and Ethernet cable are connected securely.
- If you do not hear a dial tone after you have set up your adapter make sure that the phone cord from the telephone is plugged into the correct phone port. If it is connected properly try a different phone or phone cord. If you still do not hear a dial tone use the No Dial Tone Troubleshooting Tool (available for U.S. customers only).
- When the Power LED blinks, the phone adapter is powering up and attempting to connect to the Vonage Network. If the Power LED does not turn solid within a few minutes check your Ethernet connections and make sure you have internet access. You may need to Restart Your Phone Adapter and Network Devices.
The Linksys WRT54GP2 telephone adapter is also a Router, 3-port Switch and a Wireless Access point. It has 8 indicator LED's on its front panel .... Power, Internet, Wireless, 3 Ethernet LED's and 2 Phone LED's.
The following table describes the meaning for the status of each light.
|LED: WLAN||Action: On or randomly blinking to match activity (traffic)
Condition: Activity on the WLAN connection
|LED: Ethernet 1-3||Action: On or randomly blinking to match activity (traffic)
Condition: Activity on the Ethernet /LAN connection
|LED: Internet||Action: On or randomly blinking to match activity (traffic)
Condition: Activity on the Internet connection
|LED: Phone 1-2||Action: Off
Condition: Line not provisioned for use
|Action: Slow Blinking
Condition: Voicemail is present on the line
|Action: Rapid Blinking
Condition: Phone is in use (off hook)
Condition: Phone is ready for use (no new voicemail messages)
|LED: Power||Action: Off
Condition: No power to device
|Action: Slow Blinking
Condition: Upgrading Firmware
|Action: Rapid Blinking
Condition: Starting up
Condition: Ready for use
The Linksys WRT54GP2 telephone adapter plays a pre-recorded voice message if a problem with the phone adapter is detected.
|The Vonage telephone adapter is not provisioned for use.||
This message will play when the phone is picked up during the boot up sequence.
Hang up the phone and wait 30 seconds for the telephone adapter to complete the sequence.
|The Vonage telephone adapter has no network connectivity.||
|The Vonage telephone adapter cannot contact the Vonage network.|
|The telephone line cannot register to the Vonage network.|
|The Vonage telephone adapter has no network settings.|
|Your phone may be plugged into the incorrect phone port. Please try another port. If you believe that you are connected to the correct phone port, please log into your Online Account to check the status of your service.||You can check to verify which phone port your phone number is assigned to by checking your Vonage Adapters Port Assignments in your online account.|
Certain conditions can cause an interruption in your Vonage service such as an internet outage, power outage or change in your network configuration. Typically you can resolve these issues by restarting the equipment in your network. See Restart Your Phone Adapter and Network Devices for more information.