Link Any Mobile Phone to Vonage Service
Our feature, previously called Extensions, has been integrated into your Vonage service and works as it did before. You will now see this referred to as your "linked mobile number."
Link your Vonage service to up to two U.S. mobile or landline phone numbers. When you use an Access Number and your Security PIN to make a call from a linked phone number, it is billed at the same low rates as your Vonage home phone. For example, if a call to an international location is included in your calling plan, calls made from your linked phone to that location are also at no cost.
Have an iPhone or Android? Link your Vonage service using our Extensions App and make and receive calls on your smartphone. With the Extensions App, you have the option of using your Vonage service over Wi-Fi, which is useful in poor coverage areas and when traveling abroad.
Cost: Free. Link two phone numbers per calling plan at no cost.
Set Up and Use
Supported Mobile Phones
You can link your Vonage service to any mobile or landline phone number. When you make a call from the linked phone number, you must use an Access Number and your Security PIN to ensure you are billed at the same low rates as your Vonage home phone..
Add Phone Numbers
Link up to two U.S. non-Vonage phone numbers to your Vonage service in your Online Account. This is located in the Features & Settings section on the Mobile Devices tab.
If you have more than one calling plan on your account, you can link two numbers for each. Be sure to first select the appropriate Vonage phone number under My Numbers.
Update Linked Phone Numbers
Change or remove a linked numbers in your Online Account. This is located in the Features & Settings section on the Mobile Devices tab.
If you have more than one calling plan on your account, be sure to first select the appropriate Vonage phone number under My Numbers.
NOTE: You can make up to four changes to your linked numbers in a 30 day period.
Make a Call
- Dial the 10-digit Access Number assigned in your Online Account or choose another available Access Number.
- Enter your Security PIN.
- Dial the phone number that you want to call (use 011 + country code for international calls).
NOTE: Do not use speed dial or select the number you want to call from your contact list when calling from a mobile phone. If you do, the call might be placed over your mobile provider's network, not the Vonage network and you could incur costs.
View Outgoing Call Log
You can view your call activity in your Online Account. It is located on the Billing & Payment tab. Calls made from a linked number are marked with an M.
Billing and Rates
- You can link up to two mobile numbers at no additional cost.
- All international charges on calls made from a linked number are included in your monthly bill.
Calls made from a linked phone number are billed at the rates included in your calling plan to the location you are calling.
- If your calling plan includes unlimited calling, then calls to that location from a linked number are also unlimited.
- If you are charged a per minute rate, then calls from a linked number to that location are charged the same low per minute rate.
- If your calling plan gives you a limited number of minutes per month, then calls from your linked number to that location do count against those monthly minutes.
Acceptable Phone Numbers
- Link up to two phone numbers at no cost per calling plan.
- Link only non-Vonage U.S. phone numbers.
- The same phone number cannot be linked to more than one Vonage account.
To place a call with Extensions, you must enter an Access Number and your Security PIN before the international phone number you want to call. If you choose not to use a Security PIN, contact us to set up PIN-less dialing. You will still need to enter the Access Number to place a call.
Use of International Call Block
International Call Block must be turned off to make calls from a linked phone number.
Place Simultaneous Calls
Calls can be placed from your Vonage phone and a linked mobile number at the same time. The two work independently of each other.
Make Calls Outside of U.S.
Use of a linked phone number outside of the U.S. is not recommended as dialing the U.S. Access Number will most like incur fees.